Do's & Dont's
1. DO NOT DRINK or Smoke... ( let me say it again) Please... Do not Drink.... Alcohol or smoke (marijuana) for at least 72 hours prior to your lip plumping appointment. I love to drink as well but the swelling a bruising will not be worth the glass of wine you're craving
Also, do not take ibuprofen, fish oil, aspirin, or garlic 7 days prior to your appointment. This can also thin your blood and cause excessive bleeding, swelling, and bruising.
2. DO NOT drink for 24 hours after your appointment as well. Alcohol does cause inflammation which means you will be swollen, reddened, hot, and often in pain. Those swollen lips will only get bigger and more PAINFUL if you decide your glass of wine is worth it. DRINK WATER INSTEAD there will always be tomorrow.
3. Please note that swelling and bruising is normal after your treatment. DO NOT FREAK OUT everything is fine. The swelling will go down and your will have your perfectly plumped lips in a few days.
4. DO NOT massage your lips after lip plumping. They will feel hard, lumpy, and bumpy for at least a week just leave them be. If you do massage them ( against my instructions) you take the risk the of moving the filler around. Which can also give to you undesirable results.
5. Please prop yourself up on a a extra pillow at night. Sitting up a little higher will reduce the swelling.
6. DO NOT exercise for at least 24 hours after your plumping procedure. Hyaluronic acid LOVES water. If you work out and are sweaty you are dehydrating your newly placed hyaluronic acid.
7. Please take Ariaca pills for at least 1 week post plumping. You can purchase them on amazon and it will help with bruising and healing.